Renovation Of Celebrity Millennium Kicks Off Celebrity Revolution
Article Published: Thursday, February 14, 2019
Celebrity Millennium's transformation — part of the Celebrity Revolution — is just the beginning of Celebrity Cruises' biggest fleet-wide modernization ever, with more than $500 million in renovations set to take place.
On the all-new Celebrity Millennium, discerning world travelers will enjoy enhancements that include:
- Completely redesigned staterooms and suites
- The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, with a new sundeck and redesigned lounge
- Reimagined restaurants, bars, and lounges
- A redesigned spa and casino
- New designer boutiques
Celebrity Millennium's bow-to-stern transformation began on January 2, 2019, at the Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore. There, it spent a total of 35 days in the skilled hands of thousands of engineers, architects, artisans, designers, contractors, shipyard employees, and the newbuild and Celebrity teams.
When redesigning the staterooms and suites, every detail was carefully thought through with guest comfort at the forefront. Celebrity collaborated with Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) to transform the staterooms on board and turned to designer Kelly Hoppen to refresh the suites and bring The Retreat to Celebrity Millennium.
Enhancements made to the staterooms and suites include:
- Refreshed suite design and finishes by Kelly Hoppen
- The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive open-air hideaway for Suite Class guests designed by Hoppen and featuring a new hot tub, cabanas, loungers, artwork, and more
- The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael's Club), an exclusive 24/7 lounge for Suite Class guests designed by Hoppen and offering complimentary beverages, gourmet bites, live entertainment, and concierge service
- All-new stateroom design in partnership with HBA
- Celebrity's eXhale bedding featuring Cashmere mattresses
- Completely redesigned stateroom bathrooms with all-new finishes and fixtures
- Advanced RFID lock technology with digital key access has been added to every stateroom door
- A total of 30 new staterooms being added, including 13 new AquaClass Staterooms, seven new Ocean View Staterooms, and 10 new Inside Staterooms
The brand reimagined many of the restaurants and lounges found on Celebrity Millennium, including:
- Upgraded Oceanview Café, featuring a new open concept, increased seating options, and globally inspired culinary offerings
- Upgraded Main Restaurant, with more seating and updated fixtures
- Redesigned Sunset Bar, featuring a variety of seating options perfect for alfresco dining or cocktails with a view
- Redesigned Rendezvous Lounge hosting events and entertainment from day to night, with everything from a newly enlarged bar to a quiet reading nook for curling up with a book
Guests will find even more enhancements across the ship as part of The Celebrity Revolution, including:
- Advanced Xcelerate Wi-Fi has been enabled on the ship to help keep guests connected
- New boutique shops
- A new, wellness-focused Spa design by New York design firm Krause Sawyer
- A new, semi-private consultation area in the fitness center for personal training and consultations
- A new salon featuring services such as a blow-dry bar and luxury manicures and pedicures
- A newly enhanced Persian Garden thermal suite with new spaces and experiences, such a Turkish bath, infrared sauna, and salt therapy
- Enhanced Art Gallery and Photo Gallery by HBA
- A new Casino design in partnership with HBA
- A newly redesigned Casino Bar
- Brand new slot machines
Guests are not the only ones who will get to experience The Celebrity Revolution, as enhancements were made across the crew areas, including accommodations as well.
The post Renovation Of Celebrity Millennium Kicks Off Celebrity Revolution appeared first on Avid Cruiser.