Designed specifically for navigating waters in some of the world's most remote destinations, including both of earth's polar regions, the 6,072-ton vessel boasts a strengthened hull with a Lloyd's Register ice-class notation (1A) for passenger ships. With eight Zodiac boats, her 132 privileged guests can visit even the most off-the-beaten path locations. Experience the thrill of a true expedition aboard Silver Explorer. Venture deep into regions where other vessels cannot go while enjoying a privileged lifestyle that is simply second-to-none.
Silversea guests can now sail to all seven continents surrounded by supreme comfort and the delights of endless indulgences:
• All ocean-view accommodation with private bath — the largest average size accommodation of any expedition ship
• Superlative service and genuine hospitality
• Crew to guest ratio of nearly 1 to 1
• Fares that include all onboard gratuities
• Expert naturalists and special guest lecturers
• Complimentary, hosted adventures ashore
• Complimentary parka (polar voyages)
• Complimentary backpack
• Open-seating dining
• Complimentary fine wines, champagnes and spirits served throughout the ship
• Complimentary 24-hour room service
• Ship-wide Internet access and cellular phone service (fee applies)
Onboard, savor a convivial cosmopolitan ambience and many special amenities usually found only on larger ships, including a spacious Library with an Internet Café, boutique shopping, a full-service spa, beauty salon, fitness center, sauna, live evening entertainment and two top-deck whirlpools. The Silver Explorer even features The Humidor, where connoisseurs can enjoy the finest cigars and cognacs - a diversion offered by no other expedition ship.
The newest addition to Silversea’s fleet of ultra-luxury ships: the 100-guest Silver Galapagos. With sleek lines and a proven skill for navigating the waterways throughout the Galapagos Islands, she is naturally suited for in-depth exploration of this spectacular region. She offers all the intimate conviviality and elegant sophistication that has made Silversea the preferred choice for today’s discerning travelers. We offer two, 7-day year round itineraries, Saturday to Saturday, discovering the islands of the Galapagos. Each one is meticulously crafted to showcase both the highlights and the unexpected treasures that make every island unique. Wildlife encounters found nowhere else on earth, you can get up close as they are “fearless” of visitors. The “icon” of the Galapagos is perhaps the land tortoise and the blue-footed booby. The onboard expedition team and guest lectures are key to the experience. Seminars, daily briefings, previews of the next day’s outings. For photography-enthusiasts – the opportunity to photograph the nature and unique wildlife up close.
In 2014, Silversea's loyal following of adventure travelers can now explore the remote archipelagos of the vast Pacific aboard the sleek, 120-guest Silver Discoverer. She's the perfect platform for viewing these untamed landscapes, with all ocean-view suites and plenty of deck space so that a breaching whale or a pod of dolphins is always within sight. Her shallow draft allows her to navigate closer to shore, and with a fleet of 12 Zodiacs and a glass-bottom boat, guests can land on isolated shores and explore wetlands and submerged ecosystems, up-close and in-depth. Silver Discoverer will follow routes of ancient seafarers to some of the most isolated ecosystems of Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Micronesia, Melanesia and the Russian Far East.
Enjoy exceptional amenities on your Silversea Expedition:
• All Ocean-View Accommodations
• Butler Service For All Suites
• Complimentary In-Suite Beverages And Throughout The Ship
• Gratuities Always Included
• Open-Seating Dining
• In-Suite Dining And Room Service
• Complimentary Adventures Ashore - unearth fascinating dimensions of culture, history, science and the environment through a diverse collection of complimentary shoreside experiences and distinctive onboard events.
• Expert Expedition Team - travel with historians, biologists, anthropologists, geologists, botanists, ornithologists, naturalists, photographers and destination experts at your side as you discover remote and remarkable environments.
• Casual/Informal Attire - no tuxedos or formal evening dress required.
• Menus Inspired By Relais & Châteaux - Silversea’s preferred culinary partner.
• Complimentary Parka - for guests aboard expedition voyages bound for the Russian Far East & New Zealand Sub-Antarctic.
• Water-Resistant Backpack And Stainless Steel Water Bottle - professional gear for your authentic expedition.
Life On Board